MADISON COUNTY WATER FESTIVAL
The Madison County Water Festival is an annual hands-on and engaging educational event, teaching 4th grade students about the importance of local water resources and how they can protect them.
2024 Madison County Water Festival
May 7th & 8th, 2024 @ UAH
- The mission of the festival is to educate students and their families about surface and groundwater through enlightening hands-on activities.
- Our goal is for students to know where their drinking water comes from, how they can protect it and keep it clean, and how water is linked to other natural resources like forests, wetlands, and wildlife.
- The students will leave the Festival environmentally aware and equipped with a sense of stewardship for our greatest natural resource - water!
May 7th, Morning Session: 8:45am-12:15pm
May 7th, Afternoon Session: 9:30am-1:15pm
May 8th, Morning Session
May 8th, Afternoon Session
- Each 4th grade class will attend one session on either May 7th or May 8th. Schools will be assigned their session in March. If a particular session is desired, please indicate your preference on the school registration form.
- Each session will include hands-on classroom lessons and an entertaining environmental magic show featuring eco-entertainer and illusionist Steve Trash (stevetrash.com)
- Deadline to register is January 17th, 2024. Capacity is limited to 1600 students, so register soon!
- Each student and teacher will receive a t-shirt, so please indicate sizes on the registration form. T-shirt design will be based on the Water Festival Logo Contest! (See Logo Contest Details Here!)
- Schools may bring lunch to enjoy on campus after morning session or before afternoon session.
- Financial assistance for transportation costs is available for Title 1 Schools in Madison County.